Sometimes as I sit, working on a new routine, or idea for a trick it gets frustrating at some point of the process. It's easy to forgo and idea and just settle for something a little easier.
There is a card routine I have been working on for the past month or so. I was asked to do something for a client, and the trick did not go so well. I'm not sure if it was because it was the first real person to see it, or if it was not yet ready.
Learning from what I deemed to be the mistake, I did the same trick last night with a couple of friends and it killed. Once you have something ready, don't wait for it to be "perfect", the feedback you get will help you learn what works and what doesn't.
This applies to performance artists, comedians, and tactile artists as well.
Lesson: If you have an idea for something. Become proficient, but if you wait for it to be PERFECT, you will be waiting to show it someone. Waiting...waiting....waiting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment