Every once in awhile, just when you need it, someone comes along to knock you off your pedestal. Such is the case with me. The reason for my long gap in writing, was that I found a mentor to help me refine my show, drop the things that didn't work, and redesign the act into something that was professional, funny, and family friendly. I found myself battling with the advice, as I know my voice and style better than anyone,but this gentleman's advice was invaluable.
As such, I will be honing in on some new material and some new themes, and making myself the best, in the hopes of bringing you a little piece of magic, something that will inspire and something you will take home with you.
Lesson: Follow your own voice, but let others ground you when necessary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment